Benvenuti and Stein takes great steps to insure you have the finest handcrafted cabinetry. Proper care for custom cabinetry will preserve your cabinetry’s finish and we recommend the following:
– Mix ten parts warm water and one part Distilled White Vinegar.
– Pour into spray bottle.
– Spray onto a clean microfiber cloth. Do not spray directly on cabinets as you can discolor the hardware.
– Wipe in the direction of the grain.
– After cleaning, wipe surfaces with another clean dry microfiber cloth in the direction of
Splatters and Spills
Clean spills and splatters immediately. Prolonged exposure to spills, including food, water or other liquids, or to oil and grease splatters, can cause permanent discoloration or damage to your cabinet’s finish.
* Avoid using the following cleaning products on your cabinets:
* Silicone-based cleaning, waxing, or polishing products
* Harsh chemicals
* Sponges or dish clothes. They may contain particles that could scratch your
cabinets, or they may contain food and oil residue.
* Abrasive cleaning products such as tub and sink cleansers, scouring powder,
scouring pads or steel wool
* Solvent-based or petroleum-based products such as mineral spirits, nail-polish
removers or paint thinners
* Ammonia or cleaning products that include ammonia
* Bleach or cleaning products that include bleach
Use a clean, dry microfiber cloth and wipe in the direction of the grain.
Packaged dusting sheets are not required or recommended. Do not use pre-moistened dusting sheets, and do not use aerosol products made for dusting.
Waxing is not required of recommended. Over time, waxing and polishing compounds may build up on the surface of your cabinets and cause a hazy, streaky, or yellowed appearance. This wax build up is very difficult to remove.
Cleaning Glass Doors
Extra care is required when cleaning glass doors. Spray an ammonia-free glass cleaner onto a clean microfiber cloth. Do not spray cleaner directly on the glass. It could seep behind the window dividers and cause damage.
Learn more about our custom cabinetry
Benvenuti and Stein has been transforming homes since 1977 and our client reviews are a testimonial to our company’s commitment to quality craftmanship. See testimonials
Our services include kitchen & bath remodels, home additions and new home construction finished with custom cabinetry made in our Evanston cabinet and millwork facility.